Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Benjamin is a big cousin


Hello all-

Yes, our household has fallen off the planet! I'm so sorry that there haven't been any posts lately.

Guess what? Benjamin became a big cousin yesterday to the newest member of our family, Tanner Thompson Smith (Matt & Amy's baby). He was born at 7:02PM on Nov. 5 and weighed 6 lbs., 13 oz. Both mom and baby are healthy!

Benjamin is walking like crazy now--too quick for Andrew and I! He spends all day climbing and descending the stairs and chasing Stella. Needless to say he's still a little squirt--he burns about a zillion calories a day!

Our Halloween last week was quite uneventful. Benjamin had a fever most of the week and then bumps showed up on Friday-turns out he had roseola, which is kind of like chickenpox. So we didn't do any trick or treating...it was his second Halloween and he has been sick for both of them..hopefully next year he'll be up for a fun time!

Andrew and I are doing well. We are both keeping busy with work, as always, and enjoying the fall weather. We have a vacation in Breckenridge for 2 nights planned in February and are very excited to enjoy some time alone without work!

Sorry there are no pictures of Benjamin...our new camera's battery is dead and I just noticed, so I can't even turn it on. I'll get a new battery this week and post some pictures...I hope! :)

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I was wondering about you, I missed your blog! Congrats to your bro!

Hugs,
Maggie

Ermasmit said...

Cute kid. I must admit, extremely jealous that you have a 15ft Christmas tree! I told Matt, and he said, we could have one too...just lay it on its side.