Monday, December 15, 2008

What? No posts in 3 Stinking months??? :)

Alright, alright, I know it's been a while. A very long while. The truth of it is, aside from my general and overall laziness, I have had the DARNDEST time getting pictures/videos to load to the blog using a PC. Seriously. The great news is that my wonderful husband just found the cable for me to connect my camera to my laptop, so now we are in business! Thanks hubby!

Happy Halloween 2008
"Trick-N-Treat"
Ben did a GREAT job "trick n treat"ing as he called it. Our little monkey was timid for about one house...until he learned what happens when you say trickntreat and thank you! :) He had such fun and got to ride around in his wagon to lots of houses! There were actually 2 houses on our street that give full size candy bars..can you believe it? A child's dream! My child, of course, chose to get a red tootsie roll pop instead. What a cutie. Mommy and Daddy will have to give him some lessons in picking out the Twix and Snickers instead next year :)


Digging for our Christmas tree
For the first time, we have decided to buy a live tree this year and plant it in our yard after Christmas. The boys prepared during the nice weather by digging a hole for the tree, which we plan to plant New Years Day. Benjamin is the best big boy helper.


Shoveling the Driveway with Daddy & Stella
We've had a few snows already this winter, so Ben has gotten some practice being the little man of the house.....helping carry in firewood and helping shovel the driveway. Daddy is lucky to have such a helpful helper around. What better way to reward hard work than with a fun FIRST time sledding?

First Haircut
Yes, believe it or not, we have waited 2 1/2 years to give him his first haircut.....and after all that waiting and anticipation, we did it ourselves willy-nilly after a shower one evening in our bathroom. I realize his hair is still long, but we did cut about 3-4 inches off the back and an inch or so off his bangs. I just can't part any more with the curls. :) He was a cooperative boy, in general, and ran around naked like a crazy person when we were done. It must be a rejuvinating experience getting your hair cut the first time.

No pregnancy pictures yet. I'm not really showing...with a specific bump at least. I moreso just look very thick. I'll post pictures when I think it's cute and not just gross & fat. I am 18 weeks along, feeling great, and finally feeling the baby kick. We go on January 2nd for our 20 week ultrasound, so hopefully all will go well and maybe we'll be able to find out if we're having a baby "brodder" or "sisser". Ben just calls it a "baby brodder/sisser" to be safe. He says hello to the baby everyday and usually gives my belly a kiss. He's gonna be a great big brother.

Happy holidays to everyone! We'll be thinking of you this wonderfully festive holiday season!

4 comments:

D. said...

FINALLY! The videos are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...a new post! Benjamin is so cute!

It's good to hear you are feeling well...I can't wait to see pictures when you start to show :-)

Happy Holidays!
Love,
Kris

Tina said...

So good to get an update Jill - glad to hear and see everything is well!
Happy Holidays,
/Tina

Maggie said...

This post was well worth the wait! Ben is so cute, and I am jealous of his hair, we are still bald, bald, bald.

Have a merry christmas and hope you're feeling good and everything is great.

Talk to you soon,
maggie