Thursday, August 20, 2009

Best Buds

Sorry for the delay in posting....I started back at Starbucks this week and have been pretty sick.  What can I say.....my boys are great.  They are so cute together--I know as soon as Evan can play they are going to be best of friends.  Evan watches EVERYTHING that Ben does and you can just tell by his face how much he loves Ben. 

Ben, on the other hand, has finally gotten to the point where he wants to be involved with Evan.  He never didn't like him, but for the first two months he was pretty indifferent to his presence.  Now he loves to hold him, hold his hand, feed him a bottle, etc.  It is precious.  

It's been just the boys and me for the better part of 4 weeks now.  We bought a house to fix-n-flip in Pueblo (2 hours south of our house) in July and Andrew's been going down for 3-4 nights in a row to work on it.  Now that I'm back to work, we're trading off days....it's hectic.  

We are looking in to preschools for Ben.  It's about that time.....  I'll keep you updated.  While most days it can be a handful to watch my ultra-energetic 3-year old, I know I will miss having him in the house once he's in school.  Summer is wrapping up quickly, but he's had a good time staying with his grandparents a lot this summer....he just loves those sleepovers!!

Evan is currently a bit of a mama's boy, but he is such a sweet angel.  He is so content and loves to smile and laugh.  He has also rolled from back to front a few times.  He's trying to sit up.....I'm not ready for that!!!
He eats and sleeps well and only poops every 9 days or so.  Yes, you read that right.  It's awesome.  And well-deserved since Ben pooped with every diaper until he was over 2 years old!!
Speaking of Ben and pooping, he is doing an EXCELLENT job potty training.  Thank goodness boys can pee anywhere (i.e. pulled over on the side of any road), but I tell ya, it's hard potty training boys.  I will be happy when this milestone is behind us.  

Well, it's late.  We did get back from a vacation in the mom-mobile (my Pilot).  Mimi (my mom), Uncle Tom, Daddy, Ben, Evan, and me all packed up in the car and drove for about a week.  I'll post about it with pics in a few days (I hope!)
Hope you enjoyed the update....sorry it's been so long!

2 comments:

ErinO said...

OMG, so cute!

Maggie said...

You surround yourself with some very handsome men, well done Jilly.