Sunday, March 11, 2007

EEeww, Spinach!



Ok, so my son is the best eater in the world. He's almost 8 months, and as I believe I mentioned before, he eats like a college football player. Or female college swimmer...whatever you prefer. Anyways, we have started solids, of course, and have gently eased him into different foods. He just had peas last week, his first green vegetable, and I have to say that he took it really well. A little face at the first taste, but after that he was fine. So this week I decided to have a little fun with it and I made him spinach. Ok, nasty. I like raw spinach, but this canned stuff...disgusting. I can't even stand the smell of it. It is not aesthetically pleasing either--it is definitely gross looking and smelling. Well, Benjamin loves it. Maybe LOVES is a little strong, but the child gobbles it down like it's sweet and delicious. He's crazy.

So here is what he is eating so far in his life: carrots, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, rice cereal, oatmeal, apples, bananas, pears, spinach, peas, yogurt, and sometimes little cereal puffs. This week we will be adding new potatoes and green beans to the lineup.

A funny story involving the picture for this entry....for Christmas AJ's uncle Jim got Benjamin a set of spoon-things that help babies learn to feed themselves. Well, we decided to let Ben get a little dirty one day and try it out. He didn't quite get it, as he is still too young, but he did like to suck on the spoon. We would take it from him to refill it, and he had a screaming FIT...every time! It was the funniest thing. As soon as we gave it back, he was quiet and sucked on the spoon. We did it several times, since it was humorous for us, and we were able to snap this picture. I like to think that Benjamin is not spoiled and will not be one of those kids who throws a major tantrum in the checkout line at the store. It is unfortunate events like this that make me wonder. What a crazy little fellow. Spoiled or not, I love this little tyke...he is so awesome!

2 comments:

D. said...

Benjamin, move to Grandma's house...she won't torture you like those mean old parents of yours!

Maggie said...

Those pics are great, he's so cute! And of course you're on my 'favorites' list!!!

I love checking for a new article!